COVID-19 Resources for Businesses
At Downtown Roanoke, Inc., we're working to support our business community through this challenging time. To help our businesses navigate this complex and rapidly changing environment, we've put together a list of information and resources. We're working to keep this page updated as often as possible. If you have questions or ideas of valuable information that can be added, please reach out to us.
Visit the CDC's page for information on how to help control the spread of COVID-19.
Check out this Resource Page from the Roanoke Regional Partnership with additional information.
Assistance for Small Businesses
- Paycheck Protection Program - Read more about this important program now!
- SBA Small Business Disaster Assistance Loans - up to $10,000 Advance on an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL)
- Funding Available - Want to avoid layoffs and downsizing? VIRGINIA CAREER WORKS has funding available to support small businesses (250 employees or less) through the COVID-19 pandemic. Note - Application Window - March 30 - April 3, 2020 (Deadline 4/3/20 at 5:00pm - No exceptions) View the Application and Details
- The SBA (US Small Business Association) has a Disaster Loan Assistance Program that your business may be eligible to participate in. Their website also has many resources for Small Businesses. View SBA Resources
Helpful Information for Small Businesses
- The City of Roanoke's Economic Development Department is a great resource for information for your small business. View their latest newsletter with many important recommendations and make sure they have your information so you can recieve the most up-to-date information your business needs. You can also follow their Facebook page for more information.
- Roanoke Small Business Development Center is hosting Zoom (video conferencing) sessions where they share information about COVID-19 resources, including the SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans. View their website for details and to sign up.
- The City of Roanoke has a lot of information listed on their website for businesses and citizens. View their website
- The US Chamber of Commerce has compiled information for businesses. View their Response Toolkit, Tips for Employers, and Tips for Employees.
Additional Information and Resources
- VA Department of Taxation Resources including sales tax extension request
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief Information
- VA Employment Commision information on Unemployment Resources