Date and Time
Wed, Nov 23, 2022 - Fri, Dec 16, 2022
The Elf on the Shelf® is a Christmas tradition beloved by many. These magical Scout Elves help Santa manage his nice list by taking note of a family’s Christmas adventures and reporting back to Santa at the North Pole each night. By morning, the Scout Elf returns to its family and perches in a new spot, waiting for someone to find them.
For the third time, Santa’s Scout Elves will be landing in Downtown Roanoke! Come on a fun scavenger hunt and find the 16 Scout Elves hiding in downtown stores. Find them all and be entered for a chance to win $1,000!
Pick up a Passport at any of the participating Scout Elf locations. Get a stamp from the business when you find a Scout Elf. Once your passport has all of its stamps (meaning you’ve found all the Scout Elves), return it in the drop box located in the official elf adoption center - Mast General Store (401 S Jefferson Street) by 5pm on 12/16 and you’ll be entered to win $1,000. The winner will be notified on December 16th. *Scroll down for full contest rules.
Share your elf adventures with #RoanokeElves!
Pick up a Passport at any Scout Elf location and start your adventure.
Map coming soon.
The following stipulates contest rules for The Elf on the Shelf® Adventure in Downtown Roanoke.
1. A winner will be drawn at random on December 16 and notified that day. Prize must be picked up within 30 days of winning at Downtown Roanoke, Inc., 213 Market Street, Roanoke, VA 24011. Prize may only be claimed during normal business hours 8:00am until 4:30pm, Monday through Thursday or Friday 8:00am – 12:00pm. If unclaimed, prize will be deemed refused and will be forfeited at the conclusion of the winner’s 30 day grace period.
2. Prize must be claimed in person. Winner must present valid driver’s license to claim prize.
3. Contest is open to everyone, with the exception of employees of Downtown Roanoke, Inc., it’s agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families.
4. Downtown Roanoke, Inc. is not responsible for lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible entries.
5. One (1) $1,000 cash winner will be awarded.
6. If winner is under the age of 18, he/she must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must also provide ID.
7. Odds of winning depends on the number of qualified entries.
8. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
9. Any and all taxes associated with winning cash is the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Downtown Roanoke, Inc. is not responsible for lost or stolen prize.