Downtown Roanoke Ambassador Program
Having a clean, safe, and welcoming downtown is the foundation of a great city. Our 8-person Ambassador team is downtown 6 days a week providing nearly 300 hours of weekly services. Our Ambassador Program builds on existing services and allows us to expand and improve the downtown experience for residents, employees, and visitors.
See what the team has been up to
- Removal of litter and debris
- Weed control
- Graffiti and handbill removal
- Power washing
- Engage and welcome visitors
- Answer questions
- Provide directions and recommendations
- Conduct business outreach
- Address quality of life issues
- Check in with those in need and help connect them with services
- Work closely with Roanoke City Police to report and share information
The current hours for our Ambassador Team are noted below. This schedule is subject to change as we make adjustments during the early stages of the program.
- Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Friday & Saturday 8:00am - 10:30pm
For Ambassador assistance during operating hours, call (540) 553-6638.
If you've interacted with our Ambassadors, share your feedback.
The Ambassador Program is administered by Block by Block, a company that serves more than 120 urban districts, parks, and transit systems across the United States, and managed by DRI.
Interested in joining our Ambassador team?
The program is funded with significant investment from DRI, City of Roanoke, Roanoke Foundation for Downtown, Inc., Visit Virginia’s Blue Ridge Foundation, and other downtown stakeholders.
This program is a community-wide effort and DRI has secured funding for the first year. We are actively seeking additional funders to ensure the program continues forward. Please consider making a tax deductible donation to help fund our Ambassador Program.