Downtown Roanoke in partnership with local government entities and the state look to work with businesses to package the appropriate incentives to assist in development or relocation efforts. New and expanding employers help create wealth and vitality in the local economy by enhancing the local and state economies, and increasing local and state revenues. Incentives are our investment in Roanoke’s future and a business decision for the company, region, and state.
Below is the list of local business incentives along with applicable state incentives and a guide book for a more comprehensive listing.
Enterprise Zone provides state and local incentives to businesses that invest and create jobs within the zone.
The City of Roanoke’s Enterprise Zone One A
Contact Brandon Turner in Roanoke City Department of Economic Development for more information and the application process. email@example.com or at 540-853-5405.
- Commonwealth's Opportunity Fund
- Virginia Investment Partnership Act/Major Eligible Employer Grant
- Virginia Economic Development Incentive Grant
- Governor's Agriculture and Forestry Industries Development Fund
- Virginia Jobs Investment Program
- Rail Industrial Access Program
- Transportation Partnership Opportunity Fund
Visit the Virginia Economic Development Partnership's website for a comprehensive list of incentive programs available in the Commonwealth.