Employer: Downtown Roanoke, Inc.
Position: Office Manager
More Information: www.DowntownRoanoke.org
Office Manager - Downtown Roanoke, Inc.
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager provides administrative support for the DRI staff, Board of Directors, committees, and members in general operations and organization, scheduling and correspondence, and other areas when needed. The Office Manager must be a highly organized and personable individual with strong communication skills, time management, computer proficiency, and experience in general office administration as well as payroll and account maintenance.
The Office Manager reports to the President/CEO and works closely with all DRI staff and the Board of Directors to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Operations & Organization
- Oversee and execute office and staff operations, policies, and procedures
- Manage both physical and digital file systems
- Manage payroll and maintain financial records
- Handle mailings and general correspondence
- Maintain and manage office supplies and equipment
- Create reports for Solid Waste regarding Trash Compactor System
Scheduling & Correspondence
- Assist with staff and project scheduling
- Produce agendas and meeting minutes for Board, committees, and membership meetings
- Coordinate with Economic Development Specialist in maintenance of membership list, dues collection, and general correspondence. Also provide scheduling and organizational support for the Annual Meeting
- Serve as primary contact for general inquiries and correspondence
Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate must be at least 18 years of age and have successfully completed high school or obtained a GED. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in payroll and financial account management
- Experience with office management preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituencies
- Conducts self in professional manner
- Ability to be a team-player with the rest of the DRI staff
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and project management software.
How To Apply
Email Cover Letter and Resume to Tina Workman at TinaW@downtownroanoke.org