303 Norfolk Ave SW
Roanoke, VA 24016
Downtown Roanoke Member
For an engaging glimpse of the history of transportation, visit the Virginia Museum of Transportation, the official transportation museum for the Commonwealth of Virginia. Exhibits include diesel, electric, and steam locomotives. The museum also houses model train exhibits and road vehicles.
The museum store offers a unique selection of transportation-themed gifts including apparel, books, toys, puzzles and more. The gift shop also hosts an assortment of local artisanal goods ranging from specialty foods to artwork & decor featuring local historic landmarks of Roanoke. Contact gift shop at (540) 767-4651.
- Monday - Closed
- Tuesday - Saturday 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Sunday 1:00pm - 5:00pm
VMT also hosts events and can accommodate anything from a kid's birthday party to a wedding.
Downtown Roanoke Gift Cards
Virginia Museum of Transportation participates in the Downtown Roanoke Gift Card Program.
- Star City Motor Madness After Party!
Saturday, Jun 24, 2023 5:30pm - 10pm
Nearby Downtown Parking
- Campbell Garage335 Campbell Ave SW (577 feet SW)
- Premier Parking Salem Lot351 Salem Ave SW (580 feet W)
- Warehouse Row Lot123 Salem Ave SW (865 feet E)
- Premier Parking Gale - Upper Lot312 Church Ave (878 feet S)
- The Front Row356 Salem Ave (586 feet SW)
- Beamer's 25357 Salem Ave SW (679 feet W)
- Hustle/Haven Potion Bar355 Campbell Ave SW (809 feet SW)
- Leonore Restaurant128 Campbell Ave SW (843 feet SE)
- Unleashed Dog Bakery & Boutique131 Campbell Ave SW (616 feet SE)
- Betty Branch Sculpture Studio & Gallery123 Norfolk Ave SW (777 feet E)
- Wilson Hughes gallery- contemporary fine art & craft117 Campbell Ave SW (868 feet SE)
- The Aurora Studio Center110 Campbell Ave SW (963 feet SE)
- June M. McBroom Theatre at Community High School302 Campbell Ave SE (664 feet SE)
- Freedom Plaza Church Ave SW (903 feet SE)
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial 1st St (1052 feet E)
- Dumas Center108 1st St NW (0.2 miles NE)