Buy more fresh produce on Mega Market Match days with the help of Member One! Learn how to maximize your EBT/SNAP benefits.
What: Member One presents Mega Market Match! When you buy EBT/SNAP tokens, you will receive a dollar-to-dollar match up to $100 per person.
When: 11am to 2pm on Mega Match days (May 13, July 15, August 12, and September 23)
Where: The Historic City Market in Downtown Roanoke (Market Street)
How It Works
On Mega Market Match days from 11am - 2pm, when you purchase EBT/SNAP tokens, you'll receive a $1 to $1 match, up to $100 per person, once per day. That means for each $1 you purchase, you'll receive an additional $1 EBT/SNAP match to use with our wonderful Historic City Market vendors.*
These tokens are good for food items like fruits, vegetables, dairy, meat, eggs, jams, and honey. Yum! You can even use them to purchase food-producing plants, like tomato plants.
*EBT/SNAP standard restrictions on purchased items are enforced.
- When you arrive, find our staff member on the market so that you can purchase tokens.
- You can purchase in any amount, up to $100, and we will match it. Don't worry— you don't to spend them all at once! You can come back to the market any time to use your tokens.
- We'll provide reusable plastic bags so you can carry all of your tokens.
- Finally, shop with all of our wonderful vendors.
Plan Your Parking
Save yourself the stress and and plan your parking ahead of time. We recommend PARK Roanoke lots and garages. Their rates are lower (or sometimes free) than privately owned lots and garages. Below are our top recommendations.
- Center in the Square parking garage at 11 Campbell Ave SE is right around the corner from the Farmer's Market. Current rates: free for the first 15 minutes, $1 per half-hour, and $8 max per exit per 24hours.
- Market Garage at 25 Church Ave has the same rates.
- Market Lot at 120 Church Ave SE is free on Saturdays before 4pm.
- Elmwood Lot and Elmwood Garage are free all day on Saturdays and Sundays.
- View a full list of parking options here.
Bring a Reusable Bag
Bring a reusable bag or two for your purchases. Free up your hands and be kind to the environment.
Pick Up a Recipe Card
We'll be giving away recipe cards when you purchase your tokens. Grab a card and pick up the seasonal ingredients right from the Market.
View the Cooking Demo
The Virginia Cooperative Extension's Family Nutrition Program will be on-site to teach you how to prepare a tasty dish (this means you'll actually go home knowing how to make TWO meals using local ingredients). Below is the schedule of what to expect.
- May 13th features strawberries
- July 15th features peaches
- August 12th featurestomatoes
- September 23rd features apples
Know What's in Season
There are multiple items in season at all times. Use our availability calendar to help plan your meals before you come to the Farmer's Market.