Past Dates & Times
- Friday, Dec 15, 2017 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday, Dec 8, 2017 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Friday, Dec 1, 2017 5:30pm - 10:00pm
The Roanoke Times Dickens of a Christmas
December 1, 8 and 15, 2017
Be a part of the memories for the Roanoke Valley's premiere holiday celebration, The Roanoke Times Dickens of a Christmas! Celebrating its 35th anniversary, Dickens occurs on the first three Fridays in December.
This year's schedule is:
- Friday, December 1, 5:30pm - 10:00pm - featuring the City of Roanoke Christmas Tree Lighting at 6:15pm
- Friday, December 8, 6:00pm - 10:00pm - For our 35th year, we’re having a Dickens Winter Carnival! All-you-can-ride wrist bands are $5.00. An adult accompanying a child (12 and under) can ride for free. Cash and credit cards accepted. (See below note about parade date change)
- Friday, December 15, 6:00pm - 10:00pm - featuring Coca Cola Snow Zone and RVSPCA Pet Costume Contest at 6:30pm
- Registration for the pet costume contest starts at 5:30pm in Wells Fargo Plaza. Register, get a number for your pet, and be ready for the contest starting at 6:30pm
****This year's City of Roanoke Christmas Parade will be held on Saturday, December 9 at 6:00pm. This is a one-year-only change due to Franklin Rd Bridge construction and detour route along Jefferson St.
This free, family-friendly event happens annually in Downtown Roanoke and includes favorites like roasted chestnuts, carriage rides, street performers, and more! Full schedule and details available at www.DickensRoanoke.com.