211 1st St SW
Roanoke, VA 24011
- Iconic historic building in the heart of Downtown Roanoke
- Redevelopment Potential
- Established Event Space
- Sale Type: Investment or Owner User
- Sale Condition: Redevelopment Project
- Property Type: Retail
- Building Size: 22,150 SF
- Building Class: B
- Year Built: 1911
- Price: $1,295,000
- Price Per SF: $58
- Percent Leased: Vacant
- Tenancy: Multiple
- Building Height: 5 Stories
- Zoning: D
Cushman & Wakefield | Thalhimer, as sole representative of the owner, is pleased to offer for sale the Corinthian Building, an iconic five story building located in the heart of Downtown Roanoke's thriving central business district.
Built in 1911 with the highest quality materials, the Corinthian Building was designed with striking architectural details in the classic Greek revival style, featuring high ceilings, oversized arched windows, ornate columns adorning the interior, and elaborate trim and moulding flourishes throughout.
Originally constructed to accommodate the Masonic Lodge, the 22,150 SF building has been well preserved and in continuous use for much of its history. Recently, the top two floors have found productive use as a professionally managed event space, providing a memorable and stately venue for weddings, receptions, and a variety of professional and corporate functions.
Current ownership has undertaken multiple improvement projects to maintain and update the property, including installation of a new roof and significant HVAC upgrades along with renovations and refurbishment of interior common areas. With a functional passenger elevator and an open floor plate layout, the building is well suited for further redevelopment, including reimagining the 3,000+ SF entry level storefront space.
New ownership will appreciate the flexible use potential of the property, including the opportunity to augment the existing event space business with complementary revenue streams or to subdivide and repurpose sections of the building for alternative use. Surrounded by expanding retail, office, hospitality, apartments, bars, and restaurants, the Corinthian Building offers tremendous long term value for developers and users alike.
Nearby Downtown Parking
- Church Avenue Garage121 Church Ave SW (314 feet SW)
- Premier Parking Kirk Lot15 Kirk Ave W (363 feet E)
- Premier Parking Gas Lot322 Second St SW (428 feet SW)
- Warehouse Row Lot123 Salem Ave SW (474 feet N)
- Stellina104 Kirk Ave SW (74 feet S)
- Fortunato104 Kirk Ave SW (95 feet S)
- Leonore Restaurant128 Campbell Ave SW (252 feet NW)
- Crumbles127 Kirk Ave (301 feet W)
- Art on 1st300 1st St (130 feet SE)
- The Aurora Studio Center110 Campbell Ave SW (164 feet NW)
- LinDor Arts306 First St (197 feet SE)
- Wilson Hughes gallery- contemporary fine art & craft117 Campbell Ave SW (256 feet NW)
- The Spot on Kirk22 Kirk Ave SW (325 feet E)
- June M. McBroom Theatre at Community High School302 Campbell Ave SE (465 feet W)
- Kids Square1 Market Sq (508 feet SE)
- Freedom Plaza Church Ave SW (689 feet SW)