Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area
Starting June 10th, Downtown Roanoke visitors can walk with their alcoholic beverages through a designated outdoor refreshment area (DORA). Within the specified zone, alcoholic beverages purchased from participating businesses may be consumed in outdoor public spaces during specified times.
How It Works:
- ORDER your alcoholic beverage from one of the participating businesses located within the designated outdoor refreshment area.
- DRINK from a labeled cup that indicates where the drink was purchased.
- ENJOY walking in the zone while shopping and exploring Downtown Roanoke.
- DISCARD your cup into a trash can located Downtown.
Rules and Regulations:
- Drinks must be consumed from a labeled cup from one of the participating establishments.
- Visitors 21 and older may walk around with their beverages within the designated refreshment zone only from 11 AM to 8 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from June 10th through July 31st.
- Check to see if a retailer allows drinks before entering the establishment. Look for signage on the door.
- Don’t carry drinks into another bar or restaurant that serves alcohol!
Map and Participating Locations:
- 202 Social House
- Alejandro’s Mexican Grill
- Awful Arthur's Seafood Company
- Benny Marconi’s
- Cabo Fish Taco
- Caribbica Soul
- Cedar’s Lebanese Restaurant
- Fork in the Market
- Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint
- Olde Salem Brewing Company - Roanoke
- Table 50
- The Hatch
- Three Notch’d Craft Kitchen and Brewery - Roanoke
- Shishka Mediterranean Grill
- Wok N Roll Kitchen