Santa's Workshop & Saturday Festivities
December 5 and 12, 10:00am – 2:00pm
Enjoy a relaxing, festive Saturday downtown with Santa’s Workshop, Live Zoom Calls with Santa, Strolling performers, Cactus Joe Choo Choo rides, and Farmer’s Market vendors.
11:00am – 2:00pm - Santa’s Workshop inside the Roanoke City Market Building
- Children and their families can make a Christmas craft and write a special letter to Santa to drop in Santa’s Mailbox. Visit the South Mezzanine level of the Market Building (Campbell Ave side of the building).
11:00am – 1:00pm – Live Zoom Calls with Santa inside the Roanoke City Market Building
- Santa will be visiting us live from The North Pole for special one-on-one Zoom calls with your children. Please note: MUST enter the Market Building from Wall Street entrance.
Other Saturday entertainment includes strolling performances around the downtown core, Cactus Joe Choo Choo rides, and shopping with Farmers Market vendors.
Art in Motion Dance Center (12/5, 1:00pm – 2:00pm) non-competitive dance studio offering classes for ages 3 to 18 including a performance company selected by audition. We are located in the Towne Square Shopping Center. We strive to provide a creative, supportive, and fun-filled environment for our dancers.
Carolers of Christmas Past (12/5 & 12/12, 10:00am – 11:00am) - Carolers of Christmas Past is an a capella quartet in authentic Victorian costume with an extensive repertoire of both traditional and holiday carols. Together, they have over 120 years combined singing experience.
Strolling Juggler (12/12, 11:00am – 1:00pm) – David “Bear” Stuart is the interactive juggler who all the kids love!
Floyd Ward School of Dance (12/12, 12:00pm – 2:00pm)
Strolling Magician (12/5, 12:00pm – 2:00pm) - Mark Fuller has been studying and performing magic for both children and adult audiences for over 25 years. Mark’s humor and presentation is always entertaining and amazing to behold.
- Masks are required during all Dickens activities (children under 2 are excluded per CDC guidelines).
- While inside, maintain social distancing of 6 feet or more between parties.
- Stay home if you are experiencing a fever, symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have a known exposure to someone who has COVID-19.