The Roanoke Times Dickens of a Christmas December 6, 13, 20 - 2019
Be a part of the memories for the Roanoke Valley's premiere holiday celebration, The Roanoke Times Dickens of a Christmas! Celebrating its 37th anniversary, Dickens occurs on the first three Fridays in December. This free, family-friendly event happens annually in Downtown Roanoke and includes favorites like roasted chestnuts, carriage rides, street performers, Cox Kids Zone and more!
We're looking for volunteers to help us out on the 3 nights of Dickens. Sign up to help.
This year's schedule is:
- Friday, December 6, 5:30pm - 10:00pm - featuring the City of Roanoke Christmas Tree Lighting at 6:15pm
- Friday, December 13, 6:00pm - 10:00pm - featuring the City of Roanoke Christmas Parade at 6:30pm. ***Tonight's parade has been canceled due to weather. Other Dickens activities will go on as planned. Visit our Facebook page for up-to-date changes.
- Friday, December 20, 6:00pm - 10:00pm - featuring Coca Cola's Mini Carnival and RVSPCA Pet Costume Contest at 6:30pm
- Coca Cola's Mini Carnival will feature a free Carousel and Magic Carpet Slide. Rides will be located on Market Street next to the Christmas Tree and on Salem Ave near the Taubman Museum of Art.
- Registration for the pet costume contest starts at 5:30pm in Wells Fargo Plaza. Register, get a number for your pet, and be ready for the contest starting at 6:30pm
Click the image below to view our full insert with all the event details!